Road drivers transport railroad crews within a 250 radius of your home base. Drivers are on call 24 hours a day, up to 6 days a week; part-time positions may also be available. To ensure your safety and the safety of our customers, we adhere to strict guidelines for 9 hours of rest after 10 hours of drive time. A company vehicle, cell phone, gas card, and paid training are provided. Road Drivers are paid by the mile, OR by the hour for any time you have to wait for a crew or a train. Pay rates vary by location. Road drivers must live within 20 miles of the yard they report to.
Yard drivers work an 8 or 12 hour shift, 5 days a week; part-time positions may also be available. Yard Drivers shuttle railroad crews within a 20 mile radius of the yard. This is an hourly position, and pay rates vary by location.
We believe that nothing is more important than the safe transportation of our customers. Our drivers are carefully screened and undergo an extensive training program, and ongoing safety courses. We also follow an aggressive preventative maintenance program on our full-size passenger vans.
• Valid Drivers License with no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years, no alcohol or drug related convictions within the last 3 years, no careless/reckless driving conviction with the last 3 years.
• Clean Controlled Substance Screen, and physical (where required)
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Have a clear understanding of the English language
• Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to lift 70 lbs. to change a tire, bend to inspect the under carriage of a vehicle and/or tires and climb in and out of the vehicle.
• Have a commitment to safety and excellent customer service.